Deadline: 30 September 2016
Islamic Relief is currently inviting applications from non-profit and other qualifying organizations for its Social and Community Development Projects in South Africa with an aim to integrated sustainable development, educational development, disaster risk reduction and resilience, orphan and vulnerable children support, health and nutrition.
- Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC): Child and orphan welfare and protection, youth-care centers and nutrition programmes
- Sustainable Livelihoods: Skills development and vocational training, subsistence farming and community gardening
- Education: Educational development, school nutrition programmes and teacher training
- Health and nutrition: HIV/AIDS, promotion of healthy lifestyle and food security
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH): access to clean water and to adequate sanitation
- Advocacy and Community Mobilization: in the areas of Gender Based Violence, Climate Change, and Xenophobia.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The project’s total budget can be between R50, 000.00 and R2, 000,000.00 and will need to have a one-year cycle, with quarterly milestones.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The organization must have a constitution, and priority will be given registered in terms of the NPO Act 71 of 1997 or Item 1 of Schedule 1 of the Companies Act 71 of 2008;
- The organization must have a bank account;
- The organization must exist in South Africa;
- The organization must submit all required documents (below) and complete forms;
- Clear outputs, objectives and outcomes must be reflected in funding proposals; and
- The organization must comply with the guidelines drawn out in the Project Applications Guidelines (attached).
How to Apply
- Required documents
- The organization basic details sheet (below);
- The completed IRSA concept note template,
- A completed budget;
- A bank letter of the bank account that the organization will be using,
- A copy of the organization’s constitution,
- Copies of the Identity Documents of the Board of Directors (or equivalent);
- If the organization is registered, proof of registration;
- If applicable, a copy of the organization’s most recent annual financial accounts
- Applications must be submitted via email, with “Project Application” as the subject line.
Eligible Country: South Africa
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Islamic Relief.