Do you lead a community enterprise, such as a community business, organisation or trading charity in Yorkshire & the Humber or the North East of England? Are you interested in developing your leadership skills with a group of peers? If yes, then apply for Leading the Way Programme.
Leading the Way is a leadership programme designed for people who are “getting on and doing it”, running community enterprises. Running from spring 2023 through to summer 2024, the programme brings together regional cohorts to work and learn together, with one-to-one support from a mentor, cohort-based learning, and support to you, your team and organisation from specialists.
The programme offers support of approximately £25,000 in value, including a grant to support your participation.
- One-to-one work with a mentor who will work with you to identify and develop your goals for the programme and co-produce an action plan. Mentors will work across a cohort and also have a role in facilitating learning between leaders on the programme
- Cohort-based learning days, scheduled every 6 weeks and hosted in-person and in-region: most likely in Leeds, Newcastle and York. Across the ten learning days you’ll have the opportunity to build your technical management skills and leadership skills, and work with your peers to share, learn and problem-solve together
- One-to-one coaching to support your personal development throughout the programme, with ten sessions available to you
- One-to-one specialist support to bring expertise into your organisation to help you embed your learning from the programme and to address challenges or opportunities that are specific to you and your organisation
- A grant to support your participation in the programme and to embed your leaning and the impact of your organisation. Your grant can be used to backfill your role while you take part in the programme, support your learning, cover any costs for childcare or other caring responsibilities, and for travel costs
- Online talks and site visits, co-designed by the leaders on the programme, to bring you additional insight and value.
To be eligible to join the programme, you must:
- Lead a team, and lead the organisation: Eligible people will lead a team, whether paid or volunteer, and will have responsibility or accountability for running a significant part, or all, of the organisation. You may be an established leader, have recently stepped into a leadership role, or be in training or under mentorship for a leadership role in your organisation.
- Be able to commit 1.5 days per month: Eligible people will be able to commit to 1.5 days each month to engage with the programme, its support, and materials over the course of 16 months. This will include travel and attendance at in-person group learning days every six weeks (hosted in-region, most likely in Leeds, Newcastle and York), mentoring, coaching and engaging with bespoke support to your organisation.
For more information, visit https://www.powertochange.org.uk/our-work/our-programmes/leading-the-way/