Deadline: 8 December 2017
Nordic Innovation is currently offering funding for activities promoting Nordic solutions for sustainable, smart and liveable cities to relevant stakeholders from outside the Nordic region.
This funding opportunity is part of the Nordic Sustainable Cities project, which is one of six flagship projects under the Nordic prime ministers’ initiative Nordic Solutions to Global Challenges and is coordinated by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
- The main objective for this funding opportunity is to strengthen the Nordic brand in urban development, build networks between Nordic and international stakeholders and to boost export of Nordic products and services.
- Nordic Innovation believes that joint Nordic workshops, seminars, exhibitions, trade fair pavilions or similar can create Nordic added value and improve existing national efforts. Their expectation is that by pooling resources they can reach further and become a more interesting partner for key stakeholders internationally
The activities funded under this call for proposals shall focus on sustainable urban development and include one or several of the following selected Nordic strongholds:
- Architecture and design
- Integrated planning
- Clean air and water
- Climate adaptation
- Smart city solutions
- Urban mobility – public transportation, walkability and cycling
- Circular economy and waste management
- City governance
Nordic Innovation offers funding for joint Nordic workshops, seminars, exhibitions, trade fair pavilions or similar, in a physical or digital format. It is possible to apply for funding for one (1) activity taking place in 2017-19 however, applications that demonstrate ambitions to build a long-term concept for joint Nordic activities will be prioritized. There are two funding categories:
There are two funding categories:
- Smaller events or activities (up to NOK 100 000)
- Larger events or activities (up to NOK 500 000)
To be eligible for funding, the following conditions must be met:
- The project must include partners from at least three Nordic countries with a reasonable balance between the five Nordic countries and the three autonomous regions (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, Faroe Islands, Greenland and the Åland Islands).
- Nordic Innovation can only fund projects submitted by organizations (private or public), that are based and operate in one or more of the Nordic countries.
- No more than 50 % of the total budget can be covered by Nordic Innovation. (In-kind contribution in the form of working hours counts towards financing).
- The proposed activities must fit within the thematic scope of this funding opportunity.
- The project partners that will receive funding in the project must be eligible for de-minims state aid under European Commission Regulation (EC) No 1407/2013 of 18 December 2013.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted using the application form via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Nordic Innovation.