Applications are now open for the 2020 Anschutz Family Foundation’s Grant.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Homeless & Disadvantaged
- Youth Development
- Early Childhood Development
- Community & Capacity Building
- Crisis Intervention
Typical grants range between $5,000-$10,000, but do not exceed 10 percent of an organization’s annual budget.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The Foundation does not fund
- Arts and culture
- Capital campaigns (on rare occasions, the Foundation will fund capital campaigns for organizations located in rural Colorado whose mission closely aligns with the Foundation’s interest. Applicants are advised to submit a one-page letter of inquiry prior to the submission of a grant for this purpose.)
- Education (primary or secondary)
- Endowments, debt reduction, or loans
- Grants to individuals
- Healthcare, mental health, or disease-specific
- Multi-year grants
- Organizations with annual budgets in excess of $5 million
- Organizations in leadership transition (i.e. interim director)
- Organizations that discriminate in any way
- Political causes, candidates, or campaigns
- Public policy, advocacy, or research
- Start-up organizations
- Programs outside of Colorado
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Special events, conferences, or promotions
- Type III supporting organizations under IRC Section 509(a)(3)
The Foundation is looking for
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Alignment with the Foundation’s mission and interests
- Clearly presented goals, objectives and strategies
- Provision of unduplicated, needed programs and services
- Sustainable and diversified funding streams
- Solid financial statements and cash reserves
- Demonstrated financial need
- Proven track record of success with positive outputs and outcomes
- Effective and qualified leadership
- Engaged and committed board of directors with 100% making a meaningful financial contribution to the organization
- Strong, effective and ongoing organization and program evaluation
- Community buy-in and support evidenced through donations, volunteer engagement, collaborations and partnerships
- Utilization of best practices and principles across all levels of the organization
Organization must be classified as one of the following:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- A 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity
- Independent sponsored project of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit acting as a fiscal sponsor
- Government or tax-supported public entity
- Activities or programs must take place in Colorado.
For more information, visit https://anschutzfamilyfoundation.org/our-grantmaking/