Deadline: 7 May 2019
The Triangle Trust 1949 Fund is currently inviting applicants for its Development grant program to support organisations working with carers.
Development Grant Scheme provides core funding to support organisations to implement a step change in their development and therefore build increased sustainability for the future. They are open minded on the type of initiatives applicants may wish to develop in order to increase their sustainability.
Any costs incurred by the applicant in undertaking a development to increase resilience can be covered by the grant.
Grants are available from £10,000 up to £80,000 for a duration of 6 months to 3 years. The amount of funding requested must be proportional to the development that will be undertaken.
A maximum of £30,000 per year or £2,500 per month for smaller developments can be requested.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Applicants must be a registered charity, not-for-profit social enterprise or community interest company working within the UK with a UK office.
- Social enterprise and community interest companies must have a govern-ing document which shows the name, aim/purpose, objects of the group, including a dissolution clause – what happens if applicant’s group ceases to func-tion. This clause should show that they are a not-for-profit group by confirm-ing that any assets remaining after all debts are paid will be given to anoth-er voluntary group with similar aims. This document should also include de-tails of their Trustees or management committee.
- The sole purpose of applicants’ constitution must be to support unpaid car-ers or the rehabilitation of offenders or ex-offenders. (Organisations with a broader remit running a project to support unpaid carers or the rehabilita-tion of offenders or ex-offenders are not eligible to apply)
- Organisations running crime prevention or restorative justice initiatives are not eligible to apply.
- Organisations whose priority is to support the “cared for”, but also provide some support for carers are unlikely to be eligible to apply.
- Applicants may be involved in providing direct practical support work, re-search projects or policy or campaigning work relevant to unpaid carers or the rehabilitation of offenders or ex-offenders.
- Applicants must demonstrate in their application how they have expertise and a history of working with unpaid carers or offenders.
- Applicants must have some volunteer input.
- Applicants’ annual income for the most recent financial year should be less than £1million, although priority will be given to smaller organisations.
- Applicants must have their annual accounts independently examined or audited.
- Applicants requesting more than £10,000 will be required to submit a busi-ness/strategic plan during the application process.
- Applicants should have evaluation systems for their work in place, and if not part of the grant should be used to put a system in place.
- All previous unsuccessful applicants to The Triangle Trust must wait two years before reapplying (eg if applicants applied in 2018, they cannot reapply until 2020).
- Applicants already in receipt of a Development Grant cannot apply for further funding until after their current grant has come to an end.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested applicants must apply using online application form via given website.
Eligible Country: UK
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.triangletrust.org.uk/apply-funding/development-grant-criteria