Deadline: 22 April 2019
The Embassy of the United States of America in Azerbaijan has launched a call for proposals to support community building initiatives to increase inclusive growth and local community capacity development.
This program seeks to promote the values that contribute to the growth of civic organizations and innovative individual initiatives to build Azerbaijan’s prosperity and well-being through competitive small project awards.
The competition is open to all well-developed, innovative community-building initiatives aimed at creating an open, tolerant, and inclusive society, developing pluralistic communities, or fostering economic prosperity.
The Community-building Initiatives Program has chosen to address the following topics:
- Promoting tolerant and pluralistic worldviews, and countering violent messaging in communities;
- Empowering entrepreneurs, especially women and young people’s economic opportunities and potential;
- Advocating for disadvantaged population groups by creating opportunities for their development as well as drawing attention to their concerns;
- Capacity-building and development of young people to help them grow into the next generation of leaders;
- Advancing women’s community participation and advocating for opportunities for women and girls.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Length of performance period: 12 months maximum
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $24,000
Participants and Audiences
The intended audience for potential projects includes refugees and IDPs, women and girls, persons with disabilities, young people.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Submissions are encouraged from Azerbaijani entities with relevant experience. This experience should be documented in the proposal.
- Eligible entities include Azerbaijani non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, community-based organizations (CBOs), and individual citizens.
- Previous recipients who are not/were not in compliance with the terms of their financial and program reporting requirements are ineligible to apply.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable terms, conditions, and Office of Management and Budget guidance and requirements.
- Those organizations found to be in non-compliance may be found ineligible for funding or designated high risk if selected for funding.
- Cost Sharing or Matching: Though cost-sharing is not mandatory, applicants are encouraged to include their contribution in suggested project budget which also can be an in-kind contribution (equipment, labor, program materials, etc.).
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants can obtain the application form by sending an email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://az.usembassy.gov/embassy/baku/community-building-initiatives-program/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.