Deadline: 1 November 2018
U.S. Embassy in Macedonia is seeking applications for Democracy Commission Grants Program to award grants to Macedonian non-profit and non-governmental organizations and independent media for projects that support the development of democratic institutions in the Republic of Macedonia.
The Commission is most interested in projects relating to:
- Promoting rule of law / effective administration in justice
- Institutionalization of open, pluralistic, democratic political processes at the local level
- Civic education and civil society
- Empowerment of women and youth and interethnic community building
- Promoting economic and business development
- Fostering independent media / enhancing professionalism in the media
The maximum Democracy Commission grant is $24,000.
The Democracy Commission will evaluate proposals according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of topic
- Clarity in goals, activities, and target group
- Please explain how you will measure success. What are the expected outcomes of your project?
- Sensible budgeting
- Longer-term sustainability, where applicable
- The ability of the applying organization to successfully carry out the project aims
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Macedonia
For more information, please visit Democracy Commission Grants Program.