Deadline: 1 March 2017
The U.S. Embassy cordially is currently inviting interested parties to submit proposals for its Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Grants Fund. Priority will be given to community development projects that focus on improving basic economic or social conditions in Namibia.
Projects must originate in the community and the community must make significant contributions to the success of the project, such as land, labor, money, materials, ongoing supervision and/or other resources. During this solicitation cycle, special consideration will be made for projects working in the areas of drought relief, renewable energy, solar power development, and clean water initiatives.
Project Categories and Acceptable Activities and Items
- Drought Relief and Renewable Energy Services: Encourage initiatives to access reliable and economically sustainable water. To encourage ingenuity using renewable energy to improve, secure, and prosper communities.
- Social Services: Improves the life and living conditions of special populations which may be vulnerable or at-risk on a temporary or chronic basis. These could include groups such as the disabled; orphans, children and at-risk youth; victims of gender-based violence; ethnic minorities, internally displaced or other socially excluded groups; the elderly; and female heads of household.
- Education Services: Provides skills training and education services to elderly, youth, women, vulnerable, or disadvantaged populations.
Most successful grants are between $USD 5,000 and $20,000.
For consideration, all proposed projects must:
- Be initiated by the community and benefits the local community by increasing income or improving living conditions. (If the project is designed to generate income, it must be truly community-based and not a for-profit enterprise or sole proprietorship.)
- Have a significant impact and benefits the greatest number of people possible.
- Have significant community participation and contributions – volunteer time and labor, donated land, equipment and/or materials.
- Be viable and sustainable in terms of finance, personnel support, and necessary expertise and services.
- Be completed within 12 months without requiring further Self-Help Fund assistance.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Namibia
For more information, please visit Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Grants.