Deadline: 30 March 2018
The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) provides nongovernmental and community-based organizations (NGOs/CBOs) with grants to enable them to tackle global environmental challenges while addressing local sustainable development needs. SGP is a GEF corporate programme, implemented by UNDP and executed by UNOPS. SGP Afghanistan started financing projects in 2013 since then, it has succeeded in funding and providing technical support for 57 grant projects.
In its 6th Operational Phase (OP6) SGP has the following objective: “to support the creation of global environmental benefits and the safeguarding of the global environment through community and local solutions that complement and add value to national and global level action”.
- Community Landscape Conservation
- Climate Smart Innovative Agroecology
- Low Carbon Energy Access Co-benefits:
- CSO-Government dialogue platforms:
- Social inclusion (gender, youth, indigenous peoples)
- Contribution to global knowledge management platforms
The maximum grant amount per project is US$ 50,000, for duration of up to 24 months.
- Only national NGOs (this may include community based organizations and other forms of Civil Society Organizations).
- In case of special need, the principal proponent (National NGO) may go for partnership with international NGOs
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their concept notes via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Afghanistan
For more information, please visit Small Grants Programme.