Deadline: 30 March 2017
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)-Iraq has launched a Call for Proposals to engage in projects that are aimed at building public-local police trusted partnerships at local level. The first round of CFPs will focus on engagement in the target governorates of Baghdad, Karbala and Sala – Al- Din and Anbar.
This call for proposals (CFP) invites proposals from Iraqi CSOs based in the target governorates to engage in building public-local police partnership with activities that will help to improve community safety at local level through collaboration.
Proposals should include the following key components:
- Include 1-2 specific activities that will improve community security through public – local police joint engagement;
- Ability to deliver the expected outputs, to meet both the short term and long term objectives; Have quick impact outputs;
- The overall engagement should align with promoting and advocating for human rights and anti-corruption;
- Total cost of the proposal should not exceed USD 10,000;
- Implementation timeline: 4-6 months with project completion by 31 November 2017;
- Each proposal should cover one of the following target areas: Baghdad, Karbala, Sala-Al-Din and Anbar
UNDP will select the best proposals based on the above-mentioned target areas. The selected CSOs will be invited to participate in a one-day startup workshop in Baghdad in early April 2017. The objective of the workshop will be; 1) to present, review and finalize the CSOs’ project action plans, and 2) to outline UNDP monitoring and reporting modalities including narrative and budget reporting templates.
- Strengthened CSO institutional and technical capacity in awareness, raising of security issues and how they can contribute to maintaining a secure environment;
- Strengthened CSOs coordination and networking, and partnerships with the local Police at governorate level in the fight against corruption and human rights violation; and
- Strengthening links between civil society and the local police to ensure security policy can best serve the people at provincial level.
Selected CSOs from the target locations should implement their projects between April – November 2017 within a 6-month project cycle.
The CSO/Proposal should meet the following criteria:
- National Iraqi civil society organizations legally registered with the NGOs Directorates of COMSEC (Required Document: Certificate of Registration);
- 5 years of proven relevant experience in one of the target locations: Baghdad, Karbala and Sala-Al-Din and Anbar (Required Documents: Company Profile)
- Demonstrate previous/current experience in conducting similar activities in the target province including promoting human rights and anti-corruption (Required Documents: Description of 2 similar projects undertaken and performance evaluations or a certificate of good/satisfactory performance from previous clients or donors);
- Financial capability to perform the services (Required Documents: Latest Audited Financial Statements, 2 years).
How to Apply
Interested CSOs’ should submit their Proposals clearly articulating the activities, including the budget in the enclosed format given on the website.
Eligible Country: Iraq
For more information, please visit UNDP-Iraq Call for Proposals.