Deadline: 28 May 2020
The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement. The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian embassy or high commission.
The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
All projects must align with at least one of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
- growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains.
- environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management.
Feminist Approach and Gender-based Analysis
Canada adopted its Feminist International Assistance Policy to advance gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls as the most effective way to reduce poverty and build a more inclusive, peaceful and prosperous world.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
In alignment with this policy, the CFLI project application process requires a gender-based analysis (GBA). The purpose of this change is to enhance the gender equality outcomes of the CFLI program.
Projects must be designed and delivered using a feminist approach, with the objective of promoting and strengthening gender equality. Women should not only be beneficiaries, but also decision makers, in the project’s development.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
A GBA will require applicants to:
- consider how women, girls, men, and boys are affected differently by the problem their project is aiming to address, ensuring, at the same time, that the project does not cause harm
- consult women and/or girls in the development of their project proposal
- ensure that the views of those women and/or girls inform the project’s design
Note that consultations can include, but are not limited to, speaking to women and girls from the local community, women and other individuals who work for civil society organizations that have worked in the local community and female and male decision and change makers who have knowledge of the local community.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Inadequate completion of a GBA may affect the consideration of your proposal.
For 2020-21, the CFLI can be used to fund projects that aim to respond to the complex COVID-19 crisis. To be considered for funding, the project proposal must meet one of the CFLI Thematic Priorities. Additionally, applicants must clearly explain how the project intends to help local efforts to prepare for, respond to, and recover from the COVID-19 crisis.
Some examples of possible CFLI COVID-19 projects
Please note these are only examples, other types of projects that support preparation for, response to and recovery from the COVID crisis will be considered.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
- Promoting proper sanitation and hygiene by establishing hand washing stations, and teaching proper hand washing techniques, in low-income communities.
- Raising awareness about how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 through radio and social media campaigns.
- Supporting local health systems by providing temperature reading and health care referrals at established points in coordination with the Ministry of Health.
- Supporting the ability of local organizations to provide increased counselling and support services for victims of sexual and gender based violence, in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Supporting mental health and well-being in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic through telehealth counselling.
- Improving access to health care in rural communities by equipping mobile medical clinics with basic medicines and personal protective equipment for health care workers.
- Improving nutrition for low-income communities impacted by COVID-19 by equipping mobile food banks.
The average CFLI contribution for Morocco is $10,000 to $20,000 Canadian Dollars. Consult the currency converter for local currency equivalents. Please note that all contributions are made in Canadian dollars and then converted to the local currency.
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.
Eligible recipients include:
(Ad) There are so many NGO Jobs, but what about for my country and area of work? fundsforNGOs Premium has a "Jobs Database" where you can not only search jobs but also receive job alerts in your email based on your country (or countries) and areas of your profession. Learn more.
- Local, national or community-based organization (non-governmental and not-for-profit)
- Local municipal, regional or national government institution or agency of the recipient country
- Local academic institution
- Canadian organization (non-governmental or not-for-profit) that is working on local development activities
- International or regional organization (non-governmental or not-for-profit) that is working on local development activities
- Intergovernmental or multilateral institution, organization or agency working on local development activities
The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level. Other entities, such as international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional organizations may be eligible for funding, provided they are working with local partners and on local projects that are consistent with the objectives of the CFLI. Similarly, municipal, regional and national government institutions may receive funding, provided that their projects are essentially local in nature. The CFLI is always looking to fund innovative projects that deliver measurable results.
For more information, visit https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/funding-financement/cfli-fcil/2020/morocco-maroc.aspx?lang=eng
(Ad) Get Assured responses from our Customer Support Team. Premium Members get assured responses to their questions regarding fundraising and resource mobilisation in addition any technical problems you encounter when using the premium website. Learn more.