Deadline: 31 May 2020
Sauti is the Africa Young Feminist Blog launched by the African Union Office of the Youth Envoy (OYE) in collaboration with the Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) to publish the SAUTI Publication of 25 young women contributions.
SAUTI blog aims at amplifying the voices of African young women featuring untold and underrepresented stories from across Africa and the diaspora.
SAUTI blog wants to draw attention to their struggles, advocacy and achievements, with special focus on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Young women across the continent and the diaspora are invited to express through writing, visual or audio/video or any other creative means and artistic expressions, to showcase the impact of women-led actions to address COVID19 and other interlinked issues as well as showcase the daily struggles and challenges young women are facing in the evolving COVID-19 pandemic situation.
Selected submissions will receive a remuneration of $200 USD each. The payment will be made per submission, even for collaborative works.
- Writing; articles (prose) or poetry.
- Visuals; painting, photography, caricature, etc.
- Audio/video; podcasts, news article, short documentary, etc.
- Youth Silencing the Guns: Ending all wars, civil conflicts, violent conflicts and preventing genocide in the continent by 2020, sub-themes include:
- Free- conflict Africa
- Silencing Poverty & Hunger
- Silencing Gender Based Violence
- Silencing Youth Unemployment
- Silencing Corruption
- Silencing Climate Crisis
- Youth Refugee Voices
- Facilitate efforts to amplify refugee youth voices and call for strengthening responsibility sharing and protection of refugees and Internally Displaced People (IDPs);
- Ending Violence Against Young Women
- Advocate for gender equality, young women’s rights and champion AU campaign to end Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Early Child Marriage (ECM). Regarding this, the AU has designed the Strategy for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment;
- Employment and Education Match
- Facilitate efforts for matching education with the future of jobs especially the transfer of skills and technologies and closing the digital divide. Support skills development in STEM;
- Youth Health and Wellbeing
- Young Peacebuilders
If you are an African woman aged 20 to 35, living on the continent and in the diaspora and who has creative work related to blog themes, African Union Office of the Youth Envoy welcomes your submission.
Only works that respect the following will be accepted:
- All submissions should answer one of the listed themes;
- Submissions should be in Arabic, French or English;
- Submissions must be original works, free of plagiarism and have never been previously published or distributed;
- Submissions must respect the mentioned rules regarding length, formatting, references and technical specifications;
- Submissions must be timely, creative and innovative.
For more information, visit https://auyouthenvoy.org/sauti/