Deadline: 31 May 2020
Sauti is the Africa Young Feminist Blog launched by the African Union Office of the Youth Envoy (OYE) in collaboration with the Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) to publish the SAUTI Publication of 25 young women contributions.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
SAUTI blog aims at amplifying the voices of African young women featuring untold and underrepresented stories from across Africa and the diaspora.
SAUTI blog wants to draw attention to their struggles, advocacy and achievements, with special focus on the COVID-19 pandemic.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Young women across the continent and the diaspora are invited to express through writing, visual or audio/video or any other creative means and artistic expressions, to showcase the impact of women-led actions to address COVID19 and other interlinked issues as well as showcase the daily struggles and challenges young women are facing in the evolving COVID-19 pandemic situation.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Selected submissions will receive a remuneration of $200 USD each. The payment will be made per submission, even for collaborative works.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Writing; articles (prose) or poetry.
- Visuals; painting, photography, caricature, etc.
- Audio/video; podcasts, news article, short documentary, etc.
- Youth Silencing the Guns: Ending all wars, civil conflicts, violent conflicts and preventing genocide in the continent by 2020, sub-themes include:
- Free- conflict Africa
- Silencing Poverty & Hunger
- Silencing Gender Based Violence
- Silencing Youth Unemployment
- Silencing Corruption
- Silencing Climate Crisis
- Youth Refugee Voices
- Facilitate efforts to amplify refugee youth voices and call for strengthening responsibility sharing and protection of refugees and Internally Displaced People (IDPs);
- Ending Violence Against Young Women
- Advocate for gender equality, young women’s rights and champion AU campaign to end Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Early Child Marriage (ECM). Regarding this, the AU has designed the Strategy for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment;
- Employment and Education Match
- Facilitate efforts for matching education with the future of jobs especially the transfer of skills and technologies and closing the digital divide. Support skills development in STEM;
- Youth Health and Wellbeing
- Young Peacebuilders
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
If you are an African woman aged 20 to 35, living on the continent and in the diaspora and who has creative work related to blog themes, African Union Office of the Youth Envoy welcomes your submission.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
Only works that respect the following will be accepted:
- All submissions should answer one of the listed themes;
- Submissions should be in Arabic, French or English;
- Submissions must be original works, free of plagiarism and have never been previously published or distributed;
- Submissions must respect the mentioned rules regarding length, formatting, references and technical specifications;
- Submissions must be timely, creative and innovative.
For more information, visit https://auyouthenvoy.org/sauti/