Deadline: 5 June 2020
To support the community in co-creating impactful and lasting solutions in these troubled times, IMDA, The National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre, Golden Energy and Resources, GlobalSign.In and ABM Media are coming together to bring you the COVID-19 & Beyond – Innovation For Social Good challenge.
COVID-19 is a pandemic that has just exposed the weakest points in every country, including Singapore. Beyond its immediate impact on health outcomes and, tragically, human lives – the coronavirus outbreak is also very likely to have long-lasting economic and social impacts stemming from the direct and indirect effects of illness. Reduced trade and economic activity have left some of the most vulnerable social groups without jobs, incomes while faced with rising costs of everyday essentials as well as medical supplies. Schools have been shut and services have been suspended.
While the first few months have been focused on managing the spread of the disease at the cost of the economy and society – it is now time focus be quickly returned to mitigating negative impacts on the most vulnerable in the short and medium-terms. Without immediate intervention to curb this shock, the social costs of this outbreak would be drastic and irreversible.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
They hope that this effort sets the pace for social-minded groups to come forward with their innovative ideas to address some of the biggest social challenges and issues of the post-COVID-19 pandemic.
NVPC would like to seek innovative digital solutions that can facilitate help and support within the community and the neighbourhood from time-to-time. Success in this project means strengthening the community resilience among residents, promoting a Gotong Royong (co-operation of the community) spirit. Success will also mean the use of technology to enhance and amplify a culture of giving, caring for the vulnerable groups, and exchange of help within the community in the long term.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Neighbourhood Communities
- How can we enhance trust and reliance within the neighbourhood communities so as to promote a culture of giving and support, especially for the vulnerable families, by the community for the community?
- Migrant Workers Access
- How might we reduce the barrier for migrant workers to gain access to healthcare services, food, shelter, information, and rights independently so that they are aware of the help available and can ask and receive help in time?
- Food Rescue
- How might we leverage digital solutions to create a food rescue or repurpose ecosystem, made up of the food industry, charities, and supporting industry to minimise food wastage in Singapore?
- Supply Chain Resources
- How might we transform the supply chain into more adaptive, sustainable business models that also meet the demands of societal needs in deeper public-private partnerships?
- Community Engagement
- How might we bring all stakeholders onto a single platform to offer sponsored resources and incentivise their communities for a better match of skills-based volunteering, so as to ensure accountability of sponsored resources and deliver socially responsible activities together?
What’s in it for you?
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- SG $15,000 of prize money for each challenge’s winner
- Award Model
- 30% of the prize money will be awarded to each selected finalist at the start of the prototype development process, with the remainder 70% to be awarded during the prototype development process, based on milestones agreed between the Sponsor and the Participant.
- Note that a finalist who is selected to undertake the prototype development process will be required to enter into an agreement with the Sponsor that will include more detailed conditions pertaining to the prototype development.
- Opportunity to work with the social community on tackling this issue
- Be connected with Sponsors to develop this social impact solution.
- This challenge is open to professionals, startups, SMEs, large corporates across the world.
- This Challenge is open and offered solely to:
- Individual Professionals. Individuals aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity at the time of registration.
- Company. A business entity, regardless of its business area. Startups may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of (i) company registration by submitting a registration certificate issued within the last three (3) months, or ongoing company registration, or any trade registry and proof ensuring the registration of the entity in the relevant country, and (ii) a valid professional insurance policy subscription.
- All the documents that may confirm the Participant’s eligibility will be required prior to awarding any prizes (e.g. identity document, student card, etc.).
- This Challenge is not open to: employees and representatives of the Sponsor, Agorize employees and members of their families.
- This Challenge is void in countries where it is prohibited or restricted by law.
For more information, visit https://covid.openinnovation.sg/en/challenges/beyond-covid-19
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.