Deadline: 17 May 2020
UNDP has launched an exceptional national call for projects with an accelerated and simplified submission, evaluation and selection process. With this call for proposals, UNDP Cameroon wishes to contribute to the global response to the COVID-19 outbreak with a focus on leaving no one behind and reaching the furthest and most vulnerable individuals.
UNDP Cameroon COVID-19 Response Fund provides an allocation to support the emergence of innovative solutions to the COVID-19 pandemic in Cameroon. Solutions may range from strengthening health systems, encouraging increased coordination or supporting socio-economic recovery.
- Output 1: Operational and institutional capacities of the Health system improved to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak
- Public Heath actions
- Output 2: Inclusive and Integrated Crisis Management and Response: Strengthened capacity of the Government to manage and respond to the crisis in an inclusive and integrated manner
- Communication and awareness raising on the prevention of health risks
- Create information sharing platforms to fight against COVID-19
- Output 3: The socioeconomic effects of the outbreak on vulnerable populations are mitigated by interventions at the policy and community level
- Basic needs support to vulnerable households of affected communities
- Prevention from socio-economic impact of the health crisis
UNDP will consider innovative initiatives that tackle COVID-19 at ground level through low-tech solutions, easy to implement, with a high economic and social impact. UNDP will consider aid or support devices (such as a manufactured product) provided manufacturing costs are reasonable and that the technology required can be found locally and readily.
Considering the expectational emergency and important needs of communities, UNDP Cameroon is devoting an exceptional fund for this call with a maximum grant allocation of 15,000 USD per project.
NGOs are national Civil Society Organizations (CSO) are invited to submit projects ranging from the development of innovative, technological products or services intended to sensitise/communicate, limit, or even overcome, the economic, health and societal effects of the crisis linked to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=65605