Deadline: 15 July 2020
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
With over 9 million people infected by COVID-19 globally, this pandemic has created enormous pressure on healthcare systems, livelihoods, and has even brought major economies to an almost standstill. Although India fared better than other countries in the initial stages, India is now ranked fourth globally in official cases and experiencing new daily case peaks as the virus spreads and continues to grow on a daily basis.
The nationwide lockdown and shuttering of non-essentialservices caused a tremendous upheaval of daily life and unleashed a wave of reverse migration. As seen nationally and globally, the lockdown interventions and abrupt shuttering of economies have created huge pressure on unemployment levels and livelihoods. Project Agri-Nutrition Garden has been designed by UNDP to create an ecosystem to improve household level food security and alleviate micronutrient deficiencies; critical to help enhance immunity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
In rural areas where there are limited income earning opportunities – especially now during the COVID-19 pandemic – home gardens can ensure a healthy diet of macro and micronutrient rich produce. Therefore, the project shall work on Agri-Nutri Gardens in the specified project locations by providing technical training support, value addition and processing of existing farm produce through small scale machinery support, and appropriate digital & non-digital marketing linkages development.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Implement & handhold the field components of the project in 3 clusters in Assam for at least 300 farmers / SHGs with support from existing Government programmes such as NRLM, etc. for the successful functioning of the programme.
- Develop training modules and organise trainings on Scientific Package of Practices and Business Development.
- Handhold and guide the Lead Farmersin training the fellow farmers and ensuring the adoption of the PoP and technologies.
- Development of community led institutions / enterprises for food processing, marketing and business development.
- Support the institutions / enterprises in market linkages and business development of the local and processed produces.
- Training successfully imparted to lead farmers and PG/PO
- Processing of Agricultural / Horticultural products and marketing
- Market linkages of the produce from the farm and the processing units
- At least 5 years of experience of working in livelihood and value chain sector.
- In-depth understanding and proven experience of at least 5 years in mentoring and incubating individual and group enterprises.
- If bidders do not meet any of the above listed criteria, their proposals will not be considered for further evaluation.
- Bidders meeting above listed criteria are required to submit evidences (details / documents) in support – otherwise proposal may be disqualified.