Deadline: 11 June 2020
The Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research is seeking applications to engage an experienced research team to develop a multi-country case study that illustrates how investments in HPSR have contributed to improved policies and stronger health systems in low and middle-income countries (LMICs).
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The purpose is to identify learning that can inform a document to advocate with country policy-makers as well as funders at national and global levels about the added value of making investments in HPSR.
Through this request for bids, the Alliance is seeking to recruit an institution to develop a multi-country case study comparing settings where HPSR evidence has been generated locally and used to inform decision-making for improved health systems and reforms to other contextually similar settings where this has been less the case.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Activities to be Carried Out
The chosen institution is expected to complete the following over a ten-month period:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Identify the countries to be studied (at least one each in Africa, Asia and Latin America) as well as contextually similar settings characterized by a different level of use of HPSR to inform decision-making.
- Review the published literature as well as grey literature in this area.
- Develop a protocol providing background of literature reviewed, data sources, methods to be used, as well as tools and instruments to be used for data collection. Methods should include a combination of analysis of secondary data, document review as well as key informant interviews in each of the countries.
- Provide a draft report bringing together findings and incorporating feedback from the Alliance Secretariat towards developing a final report.
- Develop, in collaboration with the Alliance Secretariat, a manuscript for publication in a leading HPSR journal.
- Identify key messages for inclusion in a document geared towards policy-makers and funders that will serve to advocate for HPSR.
To be eligible for funding, the institution should demonstrate that it:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the field of HPSR, its growth and evolution.
- Is well versed in health system research approaches including systems thinking tools and approaches, case study methods and policy analysis.
- Is well versed in developing comparative case studies as well as illustrating policy-relevant findings for dissemination to nonacademic audiences.
For more information, visit https://www.who.int/alliance-hpsr/callsforproposals/en/