Deadline: 14 March 2017
The fund will support projects implemented between 1 April 2017 and 31 March 2018.
- Strengthening the role of the media in credibly and accurately holding local and national governance processes, including the implementation of the Citizens’ Charter, to account
- Increasing the public voice in good governance through provision of greater opportunities for public debate and engagement
- Increasing trust and effectiveness of the media; particularly in terms of accuracy, range and depth of coverage of key government and security institutions
Expected to Demonstrate
Successful bidders will be expected to demonstrate:
- that the project proposal provides good value for money
- that the project proposal has a clear, achievable impact, and responds to a local demand or need
- that their organization has the capacity to deliver the project to a high standard
- how the project helps build Afghan capacity (International NGOs/companies should aim to partner with a local Afghan counterpart where feasible)
- that the impact of the project will be sustainable beyond the end of the funding period (i.e. 31 March 2018)
- that they have carefully considered all risks and have proposed suitable mitigation methods
How to Apply
Applicants can submit the project concept note form at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Afghanistan
For more information, please visit British Embassy Kabul Programme Fund 2017-18.