Deadline: 18 November 2019
The Council of Europe has launched a call for proposals on project “Strengthening democracy and building trust at local level in Ukraine” to support selected local authorities in implementing sustainable and replicable ethical, innovative and inclusive policies and practices in their municipalities with a view to increasing citizen trust in local political actors and institutions.
In particular, local initiatives shall aim at:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Strengthening of an ethical, transparent and participatory decision-making;
- Fostering the engagement of under-represented groups (in particular Roma, other ethnic minorities, IDPs);
- Promotion of gender perspective in local political action and equal opportunities for women and men to participate in local political life.
- Selected local authorities will be provided with expert support by international and local experts throughout the planning and implementation of the local initiatives, including potential revisions of action plans (monitoring) and the development of indicators of change (evaluation).
The project supports decentralisation and the implementation of good practices on local democracy in Ukraine through local and international expertise and capacity-building activities, including trainings, workshops, study visits, and peer-to-peer exchanges with the participation of members of the Congress, both from Ukraine and other Council of Europe member states.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Project beneficiaries include:
- Local and regional authorities, mayors and Councillors;
- National associations of local and regional authorities;
- Civil society organisations and the media;
- Representatives of the Government and the Parliament of Ukraine.
Means of Action
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The local initiatives should have a participatory approach engaging public at all stages of planning, implementation and monitoring, and should consider the following:
- Feasibility: the process should concern a local issue on which citizens have room to influence decisions to be made by the municipality;
- Responsiveness: local authorities should indicate in which ways the inputs from citizens will be taken into account;
- Inclusiveness: opportunities should be given to a wide range of citizens, including underrepresented groups (in particular Roma and other ethnic minorities, and internally displaced persons), to engage them in local affairs and thus enhance resilience at local level;
- Gender mainstreaming: should be embedded in all actions and decisions of local authorities to ensure that women are included as stakeholders rather than only as beneficiaries;
- Result-oriented: the process should be constructive and solution-oriented;
- Sustainability and continuity: long-lasting outcomes of local initiatives should be properly planned and ensured.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- the relevance and added value of the proposal with regard to the promotion of a more responsive, inclusive, transparent and accountable governance (40%);
- justification of the proposed activities in terms of their sustainability and replicability (25%);
- the inclusiveness of the process: active involvement of vulnerable groups in the whole consultation and implementation process (25%);
- the quality, accuracy, clarity, completeness and cost-effectiveness of the proposal (10%).
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Local initiatives should target the following key stakeholders:
- local and regional authorities;
- educational institutions and media;
- citizens (with a particular focus on under-represented groups and minorities) and civil society organisations.
In order to be eligible for a consultative support, an applicant must:
- be a local self-government in Ukraine, including amalgamated communities of Ukraine;
- be legally eligible and have full authority to carry out the activities indicated in the proposed local initiative;
- have sufficient financial capacity (i.e. stable and sufficient sources of funding/budget allocated) to maintain the local initiative throughout the whole period of implementation;
- have sufficient operational, human resources and professional capacities, including gender balanced staff and the involvement of under-represented groups of population, to carry out the activities described in the proposed local initiative;
- declare that the activity is not part of another project and that it is not financed nor supported by any other organisation.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.coe.int/en/web/kyiv/-/call-for-proposals-for-local-initiatives-on-ethical-innovative-and-inclusive-policies-and-practices-at-local-level-in-ukraine