Deadline: 4 July 2018
The CFLI is a program that supports small projects proposed and implemented by local NGOs and other grassroots organizations. This enables Canada to respond to local needs by working at the community level. Equally important, the CFLI serves to strengthen Canada’s relationships with civil society and local communities and to build networks of contacts in countries around the world.
Funding Information and Duration
- The amount of funding for each project will vary between CAD $15,000 to CAD $40,000. All contribution agreements will be signed in Canadian dollars only. Organizations must consider inflation costs and possible fluctuations in currency that could occur during the life of the project.
- Only projects that can provide assurance they will be completed before February 28, 2019, and that their end-of-project reports will be completed by March 15, 2019, will be accepted.
- Projects eligible for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives are those submitted by:
- Non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations
- Academic institutions and think-tanks
- International, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities
- Municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies working on local projects
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on development activities in cooperation with local partners
- Eligible organizations must be properly constituted, have legal status granted by the competent authority and possess a bank account opened in the name of the institution. Those that do not meet these requirements may submit their project through an organization sponsoring the project to fulfil the role of intermediary and to take responsibility for the implementation of the initiative.
How to Apply
Completed project proposals must be submitted electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.