Deadline: 15 July 2019
This program seeks to support the development of Kosovo’s democratic institutions and civil society by awarding small project grants to Kosovo non-profit, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and independent local media organizations. The Democracy Commission grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
Projects should deal with one of the following themes:
- Improving the rule of law, judicial independence, and the fight against corruption; or
- Conflict resolution and tolerance (including dialogue and regional stability and malign external influences).
The Democracy Commission does NOT fund projects such as the following:
- Fund-raising campaigns
- Humanitarian assistance projects
- Scientific research projects
- Projects with budgets that exceed $24,000 and take more than a year to implement
- Projects that duplicate existing projects being implemented by an organization
- Projects submitted by for-profit, commercial organizations
- Projects that aim to support partisan political activity
- Conferences and individual trips abroad
- Commercial or trade activities
U.S. organizations and individuals are not eligible for grants under this program.
Cost share is not required for this application.
- A review committee will be composed of representatives from different U.S. government agencies at the U.S. Embassy Pristina. It will take the committee up to two months after the application deadline to complete its review process. Applicants may be contacted with questions during this review process.
- The Democracy Commission will evaluate proposals according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of topic;
- Clarity in goals, activities, and target group;
- Please explain how applicants will measure success. What are the expected outcomes of your project?
- Sensible budgeting;
- Longer-term sustainability, where applicable;
- The ability of the applying organization to successfully carry out the project aims;
- The Democracy Commission will consider all proposals that meet the criteria outlined above.
How to Apply
An electronic version of the application should be e-mailed at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://xk.usembassy.gov/education-culture/grants-programs/democracy-commission-small-grants-program/