Deadline: 30 September 2018
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Within the “Democratic Society Promotion” (DSP) project, KCSF receives nominations for individuals or organizations that have made extraordinary contributions to the process of democratization in Kosovo.
DSP’s prices from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DANIDA) and KCSF are intended to assess the contributions of individuals and organizations in various fields that affect the democratization process of Kosovo.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The purpose of the prize is to evaluate and recognize the contributions of civil society, which are the result of new ideas, intellectual courage or achievements in the process of democratization of Kosovo.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The engagement of nominated actors should cover at least one of the following priority intervention areas:
- Increased civic activity to influence the priorities, planning and decision-making of local and central government;
- Increase of civic activity to oversee and demand accountability for local and central government deficiencies;
- Increased participation in budgeting, with particular emphasis on the involvement of women and minority communities;
- Honest and transparent choices;
- Increase of social, economic and cultural integration between the majority and the minority communities;
- Improvement of gender equality in education, workplace and public life;
- Contribution of Kosovar media and civil society to decision-making and policy-making processes that reflect and apply the social and political rights of the diaspora.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Who can be nominated?
- The right to be nominated includes all non-profit organizations, including civil society organizations, formal and informal networks, media, civic initiatives, academic institutions and independent agencies or individuals who, with their work and dedication contributed to the democratization of Kosovo society. DSP grantees also have the right to be nominated.
- Who can nominate?
- Nominations can be submitted to any organization, entity or person who has accurate and detailed information on the initiative of the nominated organization or individual. Interested ones can also nominate themselves.
- Benefit organizations can not be nominated.
Criteria for Sbmission of Nominations
The nominees will be selected based on the following criteria:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Design and implement a successful initiative (approach, activity, project, etc.) in one of the DSP program areas during the time period;
- Innovative nature of the initiative;
- The impact of this initiative, including the potential for expansion / repetition;
- Courage of the organization or individual expressed through the initiative concerned;
How to Apply
The completed documents must be submitted in person, in a sealed envelope with the inscription “On DSP Democracy Award” at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Kosovo Civil Society Foundation.