The purpose of the program is to award small grants for specific projects that support the development of democratic institutions in Tajikistan. Primarily, grants will be awarded to non-governmental, non-profit organizations (NGOs).
The amount of a grant must not be more than $50,000 (USD), but the Commission will give priority to applications that implement similar projects with lower budgets.
Themes and Deadlines
- Building Community Resilience – Deadline: 10 March 2017
- Empowerment of Vulnerable Communities – Deadline: 17 March 2017
- Support for the free-flow of Information – Deadline: 17 March 2017
- To be eligible for consideration, every applicant must be engaged in or carry out a project the purpose of which is to promote the development of democratic institutions in Tajikistan.
- The U.S. Embassy’s Democracy Commission Grant Program is limited to organizations based in Tajikistan.
- Projects NOT funded by the U.S. Embassy Democracy Commission Program include those requested by non Tajikistani organizations, those relating to partisan political activity, charitable activity and humanitarian aid, fund-raising campaigns, commercial projects, those involving individuals not affiliated with an organization that can provide long-term sustainability to the project, and those that duplicate existing projects.
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted in English only via e-mail at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Tajikistan
For more information, please visit Democracy Commission Grant Program.