Deadline: 14 April 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Serbia is seeking applications for its Democracy Commission Small Grants Program to award grants for specific projects that support democracy and the development of democratic institutions in the Republic of Serbia.
The maximum amount of a grant is $24,000, but smaller grants are preferred in order to support more projects.
The following list represents the U.S. Embassy’s priority areas
- Rule of law, legal reform, and transparency in government
- Anti-corruption awareness campaigns and training
- Further development of a market economy
- Conflict resolution and tolerance
- Project proposals should include all of the information requested in the Application Form. Proposals will not be considered until all information is received.
- Amounts in the project budget have to be in U.S. dollars.
- Project budget should not include any expenses incurred outside of the territory of the Republic of Serbia, such as international transportation, purchase of goods or payment of services in other countries, etc.
- Fees for staff engaged in the project implementation on a regular basis (project manager, project assistant, accountant, etc.) should not exceed 35% of the total project budget.
- The project budget can include bank charges.
- Grants are made on a one-time basis. A successful applicant may re-apply for a second grant, but the second proposal must be for a distinctly different project from the first project funded by the Democracy Commission.
To be eligible for consideration, every applicant must be registered in the territory of the Republic of Serbia and engaged in, or propose to carry out, a project whose purpose is to further the development of democratic institutions in Serbia, especially in local municipalities.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Country: Serbia
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy in Serbia.