Deadline: 11 August 2019
The Embassy of Australia has announced the opening of the Call for Direct Aid Program (DAP) 2019-2020. The DAP is a program of competitive funds for development projects implemented in Peru and Bolivia by civil society organizations, multilateral organizations and government entities.
The objective of the DAP is to finance small-scale development projects that have a participatory nature, generating tangible and sustainable results over time.
Proposals should focus on at least one of the following areas:
- Inclusive economic development, economic empowerment through access to markets and promotion of tourism.
- Participatory education (particularly of women and girls in the areas of science, technology and innovation and vocational education.
- Community development through sports, water management, infrastructure and environmental protection.
- Inclusion and protection of vulnerable groups, especially women, children and people with disabilities.
- The amount applicants can apply for is between AUD 5,000 up to AUD 20,000 (Australian dollars).
- The projects must have duration of up to 18 months and must conclude in the month of June 2021 at the latest, taking into account that the funds are disbursed around the month of December.
A maximum of two proposals per organization will be accepted.
- Positive impact on the beneficiaries.
- Focus on thematic areas (see listing above)
- Tangible and measurable results at the end of the project; and sustainable in the short and medium term.
- Experience and reliability of the applicant organization (references, reputation, previous experience, etc.)
- Opportunities to publicly promote the project (media, publications, materials, etc.)
- Efficiency: maximization of DAP funds
- Effectiveness: ability to achieve the proposed results through the planned activities.
How to Apply
- Expressions of interest can be sent in English or in Spanish.
- Applicants can download the Expressions of Interest – EOI form via given website.
For more information, please visit https://peru.embassy.gov.au/limacastellano/Development.html