Deadline: 28 November 2017
Applications are open for “The Kennedy‐Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program” to improve cooperation and mutual understanding between Americans and countries with significant Muslim populations.
YES Scholarships, funded by the U.S. Department of State, give secondary students in Lebanon an opportunity to study at American high schools and live with American host families for one academic year.
YES students will participate in special enrichment activities, including community service, youth leadership training, a civics education program and other activities that will develop a well-rounded understanding of American culture through interaction with diverse groups of Americans.
The program supports students with disabilities and encourages their participation
Kennedy-Lugar YES scholarships cover all major expenses, including airfare, room and board, health insurance, pocket money and education supplies.
To be eligible to participate in the YES program, student must:
- Be a Lebanese citizen or a long-term Palestinian resident in Lebanon
- Be currently enrolled in the Brevet or 1st secondary class of the Lebanese baccalaureate program or in the 9th or 10th grade of the high school program
- Have a birth date between August 1, 2001 and August 1, 2003
- Demonstrate maturity, good character, scholastic aptitude, flexibility and adaptability
- Have a minimum of “B” average or 12/20 for the past three years without failing grades
- Have strong English language ability: minimum “B” average or 12/20 in English for the past three years
- Agree to attend classes in the U.S. as full-time students and maintain at least a “C” average or 10/20 in a U.S. high school
- Demonstrate willingness to participate in American host family daily life
- Have not previously attended school for a semester or academic year in the United States
- Not be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Lebanon
For more information, please visit YES Program.