Deadline: 31 December 2018
Has there been an unexpected closure or enlargement of civic space at the national level? Is there a specific opportunity to influence policy on criminalization, marginalization, discrimination and / or exclusion? Do these events directly affect one or more target groups of Voice? Do you propose to act collectively? If yes, then apply for the Let’s all act together! Niger Sudden Opportunity Grants.
- Vulnerable and age-sensitive groups, including young people and the elderly
- Women at risk of exploitation, abuse and / or violence
- People with disabilities
Niger Sudden Opportunity Grants accept proposals from networks or coalitions consisting of a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months, with a budget of between 5,000 and 200,000 euros.
- Improved access to (productive) resources (eg finance, water and land) and employment
- Improved access to social services, health and education in particular
- Space for participation and civic engagement
- The organization, or lead applicant for consortia, is a Nigerian local organization with a bank account number on its behalf.
- The applicant (and all co-applicants, in the case of a consortium application) represents an organization with key values similar to the objectives of Voice, namely fair treatment and equal rights for every human being, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, disability status, sexual orientation, social status and age.
- The applicant or lead organization works with Voice’s target groups to build their capacity to lobby and advocate for their interests and voices.
How to Apply
- Take the eligibility test available on the given website.
- If applicants have passed the eligibility test, applicants need to send an email at the address given on the website to describe their collective action in 1 to 2 paragraphs. Include what is the sudden opportunity, the actions applicants intend to take, the actors who take collective action, the amount needed and the duration.
- If the class action meets the grant criteria, Voice will contact applicants to further discuss and send an application form to complete. Once the application form has been submitted via Smartsheets, they aim to make a decision within 4 weeks. Funded projects must be implemented within 6 to 12 months of approval.
Eligible Country: Niger
For more information, please visit Niger Sudden Opportunity Grants.