Deadline: 1 June 2018
Does your organization want to defend and lobby for the correct implementation of current laws or for new policies? Do you want to create a network of like-minded organizations to amplify the voices of marginalized and discriminated groups? Do you want to influence and change the attitudes, practices and processes of your local community vis-à-vis a target group of Voice? If yes, then apply for the Let’s get to work! Niger Influence Grants.
Voice encourages network, partnership and consortium applications as each organization can bring new ideas to the project and each partner can learn from each other. Applicants can also partner with “unusual suspects,” such as media companies, activists, and artists, who could encourage new ways to defend and influence.
- Vulnerable and age-sensitive groups, including young people and the elderly
- Women at risk of exploitation, abuse and / or violence
- People with disabilities
Influence Grants are currently accepting proposals from organizations, networks, coalitions and consortia formally registered for projects with a minimum duration of 18 months and a maximum of 36 months for a budget of between 25 000 and 200 000 EUR.
- Improved access to (productive) resources (eg finance, water and land) and employment
- Improved access to social services, health and education in particular
- Space for participation and civic engagement
- Applications are only accepted by Nigerian organizations registered locally as the lead applicant. International organizations are not able to be a lead applicant but can team up as co-applicants in the case of consortium applications.
- Influence grants are the most competitive and popular ones within Voice. Preference will be given to organizations led by target groups of Voice and those still underrepresented by current partners.
- The organization, or lead applicant for consortia, is a Nigerian local organization with a bank account number on its behalf.
- The applicant (and all co-applicants, in the case of a consortium application) represents an organization with key values similar to the objectives of Voice, namely fair treatment and equal rights for every human being, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, disability status, sexual orientation, social status and age.
- The applicant or lead organization works with Voice’s target groups to build their capacity to lobby and advocate for their interests and voices.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Country: Niger
For more information, please visit Niger Influence Grants.