Deadline: 31 October 2017
The mission of the Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation is to eliminate violence against women. As a part of this effort, the Foundation wishes to donate funds to worthwhile organizations that aid the victims of domestic violence.
These shelters are havens for women and children fleeing domestic violence, places of protection and support that are able to help these former victims before victors. Helping them realize their worth, their value and, most important, their potential for a happy and healthy life.
Since 2004, The Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation has supported the prevention and elimination of domestic violence, an epidemic that touches one in every three Canadian women in her lifetime. Through the Foundation’s annual shelter grant program, over $1.2 million has been granted to domestic violence organizations. Each year, grants are awarded to at least one domestic violence shelter in every province or territory in Canada.
The Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation is awarding a $8,500 grant to a shelter in each province/territory throughout Canada.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their following documents(mention below) with their applications on the given website:
- Charitable Registration Number (Please note: If this is not included, the Review Committee will be unable to include your Shelter Grant Application in the review process)
- Cover letter including how you plan to use the funds and any innovative programs that you may have
- A copy of the current board-approved budget
- A list of the board of directors, including their occupations or standing in the community
- A list of the top ten corporations, individuals, government agencies (including local, provincial or federal grants) and foundations that donate to the shelter. (Please include the percentage of total budget for each source.)
- A copy of the shelter’s mission statement
Eligible Country: Canada
For more information, please visit Shelter Grant.