Deadline: 30 September 2017
The Australian High Commission in Fiji is seeking applications for its Direct Aid Program which is a flexible small grants program funded by the Australian Government and managed through the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) overseas posts.
The program aims to support projects with a strong development focus that complement Australia’s broader aid program which contributes to sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction.
DAP supports projects that provide direct benefits to those most in need in the local community, including vulnerable or disadvantaged groups, women, children and youth and people with disabilities. From time to time, DAP also supports one-off initiatives to community groups with discrete inputs such as books for libraries or school furniture.
Applicants can apply for a maximum of AUD30, 000 (around FJD50, 000) over the life of the project.
DAP activities should primarily be aimed at achieving practical and tangible outcomes of high development impact. DAP is able to fund activities that have a direct, practical and immediate impact, including capacity building programs in the areas of governance and human rights engagement. The Embassy will favourably consider projects:
- in the areas of community and/or rural development, education, gender equality, disabilities, youth, human rights, the environment, small-scale infrastructure, economic empowerment and ad hoc humanitarian relief;
- where applicants and their communities make a contribution in labour, materials, transport or cash;
- that involve sporting activities targeting a disadvantaged group;
- that enhance educational and cultural exchanges and people-to-people links;
- that are achievable and have sustainable outcomes;
- that provide educational or occupational/skills training and have a clear plan for measuring the success of the training.
DAP is available on a not-for-profit basis to community groups, NGOs and other entities engaged in development activities in countries that are eligible for official development assistance.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
Eligible Countries: Fiji and Tuvalu
For more information, please visit Direct Aid Program.