Deadline: 1 July 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for HELINKS Travel Grant with the purpose of the visit is undertake face-to-face discussions and activities with the aim of formulating a proposal for a future institutional collaboration in an area related to social or economic development in Argentina.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Relevance to Economic Development and Social Welfare: For the purpose of the HELINKS Programme, development relevance is defined as the potential to contribute to the economic development and social welfare in Argentina. In order to be considered for funding under this programme, proposals should articulate a potential pathway to positive impact in these areas within a short to medium-term time frame (1-3 years).
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Student Employability & Competitiveness: These collaborations are expected to share best practices to build a final proposal aimed at improving student employability and developing student competencies to respond to local or national industry needs in Argentina.
- Research & Development: It is expected that Argentine HEIs will host workshops with UK institutions that have a track record in R+D+i, innovation management and/or knowledge transfer activities to develop a final project with the potential to strengthen the Argentine institution’s R+D+i agenda for the benefit of socio-economic development in Argentina.
- Social Innovation & Inclusion: Proposals for social innovation projects should focus on sharing best practices and develop a final project for improvements in the local/national arena in Argentina.
- HELINKS Travel Grants cover the travel costs (outbound and return journey) for an individual to travel from their home institution to the location of the partner institution in the UK or Argentina. The grant covers the cost of the international travel (economy class return airfare) as well as reimbursement for costs for domestic travel for the outbound and return journeys, to a limit stipulated by the British Council.
- Given that a condition for accessing funding from the HELINKS programme is that match funding is secured from the applicant institutions, it is expected that the participating institutions will cover the subsistence costs and any other travel related expenses not covered by the HELINKS Travel Grant.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Location: The visit may take place in either Argentina or the UK
- Duration: The visit can last between one week and one month
- Timing: The visit must take place between 1 August 2019 and 28 February 2020
Please note the HELINKS Travel Grant is suitable for applicants seeking funding for the early stages of potential project partnerships.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The applicant must be based either in the UK or in Argentina and affiliated to one of the following institutions:
- An applicant based in Argentina must be affiliated to a not-for-profit Argentine HEI, including universities and research centres
- An applicant based in the UK must be affiliated to a not-for-profit UK HEI, including universities and research centres
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring he/she can communicate with the participant(s) at the partner institution in a common language (they recommend that the participant from Argentina have a strong command of English).
- It should be noted that no additional funding can be provided for translation or interpreting services.
- It should also be taken into consideration that the application and reporting documentation required by the British Council in relation to the programme must be completed in English.
- The applicant must outline the objectives and expected outcomes of the visit in their application, as well as a detailed programme of activities to be undertaken during the visit.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applications should be submitted by email given on the website.
For more information, please visit this link.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.