Deadline: 29 May 2017
As part of its mission to promote scientific and technological collaborations between France and the United Kingdom, the French Embassy’s Science and Technology Department is currently seeking proposals for Seed Meetings to address Franco-British Collaboration to European Networks.
Its aim is to facilitate exchanges and meetings between scientists of both countries and reinforce their position within the European Research Area (ERA).
The Department provides the logistics and financial support for a 2-day meeting in London for a maximum of 20 scientists (per meeting) to meet, exchange and discuss priorities for an emerging collaborative project. Priority will be given to multidisciplinary applications.
This call is especially intended for teams willing to work on a practical strategy and/or prepare applications for funding (Horizon 2020, etc.) for an international scientific collaboration with a European perspective.
The Science and Technology Department will provide support for:
- Travelling costs for all the meeting participants (low cost air travel and equivalent 2nd class for train travel – European travels only);
- Accommodation and lunch catering for all the participants.
- Meeting facilities: all selected meetings will be hosted within the premises in London (South Kensington).
- Each application must be led by an existing relationship between a scientist from a French research institution (universities, public research laboratories, private research institutions) and a scientist from a British research institution.
- The additional partners can be based in other EU countries or ERA associated countries.
- Scientist coordinators must come from a research institution. However, additional participants can represent any type of organization such as startups, companies, charities, etc.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit an attached application form via email.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Republic of Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, “The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.