Cisco invites applications for Global Impact Cash Grants from community partners around the world, to offer an innovative approach to a significant social problem. The program seeks to identify, incubate, and develop innovative solutions that solve challenging socioeconomic conditions.
Cisco makes primary investments in the following areas:
The maximum request amount for first-time grant recipients is US$75,000.
- Organizations within the United States must be recognized by the IRS as tax exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c)(3), and classified by the IRS as a public charity.
- Organizations from outside the U.S. must:
- provide information and documents to determine whether the organization is the equivalent of a U.S. public charity, or
- agree to sign and comply with an expenditure responsibility contract.
- Cisco will determine whether 1st or 2nd is appropriate for a particular organization.
- Organizations to be funded must serve an audience greater than 65 percent economically underserved relative to the average standards of the target geography.
- An organization’s overhead is not to exceed 25 percent. (Organizations are occasionally exempt from this requirement; however, they must be exceptionally aligned with Cisco’s values and criteria, and they must clearly explain and justify their overhead costs. Exemptions to the requirement on overhead expenses are determined on a case-by-case basis.)
How to Apply
Interested applicants may apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Global Impact Cash Grants.