Deadline: 24 May 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Enhancing Social Entrepreneurship and Inclusive Growth in the Southern Neighbourhood” in order to promote job creation and economic inclusiveness, by supporting and strengthening social economy and social entrepreneurship ecosystems and relevant stakeholders in the Mediterranean countries.
- At macro level – to contribute to an enhanced enabling policy environment for social economy organisations and enterprises.
- At meso level – to improve capacities of social entrepreneurship support structures with increased linkages in the region and with the EU.
- At micro level – the relevance of social entrepreneurship as a sustainable business model is demonstrated through successful social entrepreneurship initiatives/social enterprises.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 4,800,000 and EUR 5,000,000.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authorities, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or one of the ENI South partner countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia), a country that is a beneficiary of an Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance set up by Council Regulation (EC) No 1085/2006 (IPA) or a Member State of the EEA, and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.