Deadline: 2 July 2018
The Friends Provident Foundation is inviting applications for “Building Resilient Economies Programme” with an aim to contribute to a more resilient, sustainable and fairer economic system.
The recent economic and social uncertainty in the UK and beyond has demonstrated that financial markets can exacerbate social disharmony and inequality.
Friends Provident Foundation is particularly concerned with the impact of economic systems on the most vulnerable. This is where the flaws in the system show most starkly, not just in terms of poverty, but also inequality.
There are two outcomes that flow from the overall aim: ‘systems change’ and ‘local economic resilience’. The Foundation asks applicants to decide which one they wish to contribute to.
- Systems change: This part of the programme involves a radical assessment of how ‘disruptive innovation’ might change the financial system – exploring and informing changes to the regulatory, policy or other systemic level that would develop financial system innovations with the potential to deliver their aim. Projects in this category will require strong analysis of the issues and possible solutions.
- Local economic resilience: The aim of this part of the programme is to support the development of local economic resilience. Their work at the local level will focus on testing and reviewing local or small-scale initiatives that build economic resilience through diversity, flexibility and building capability in communities.
Once the foundation has reviewed applicant’s outline application it will either be declined or they will be invited by their Trustees to submit a full stage two application. During this process outline proposals are judged on:
- fit with the aim of their funding programme
- strength of applicant’s analysis of the current problems and the feasibility of methods to tackle them
- the nature and extent of the proposed outcomes
- the potential strategic impact of the work
- value for money
- the level and nature of any risks that might be involved
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Building Resilient Economies Programme.