Deadline: 18 September 2016
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Sudan has launched a request of Expression of Interest (EOI) to pre-qualify organisations-national and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and Community-based organisations (CBOs) as an implementing partner that can provide a range of implementation services for Integrated Livelihood Programmes in Darfur region.
The objective is to carry out a variety of livelihood and economic empowerment activities across the 5 states of Darfur. UNDP is supporting the operationalization of the Darfur Development Strategy (DDS) through the implementations of a number of recovery and development projects and in line with its Foundational and short and Term Activities (FaST). These include:
- Promotion of suitable return and reintegration of IDPs and Refugees in Darfur Project.
- Promote reconciliation and coexistence for suitable peace in Darfur project.
- Micro-finance for young and poor produces in rural areas in Darfur project.
- The Darfur livelihoods and recovery project.
- Accelerated learning Programme (ALP) project, including life-skills and improved access to employment opportunities for out-of-school children and youth.
Components of Expression of Interest
- Livelihoods and Women Empowerment: Focuses on restoring and improving livelihood assets (both at infrastructure and human capability level) in order to strengthen the self-reliance of returnees and host communities. It includes support for environmentally sustainable natural resources management through livelihood diversification and improved social cohesion. It will also provide support to women at the Peace, Justice and Reconciliation (PJR) Centres already established. These will include livelihoods activities complementary to legal support provided at the PJRs.
- Micro-Finance and Business Development Services: Focuses on improving access to micro-finance and business development services among clients by improving the capacity of micro-finance service providers. It will also improve the awareness and demand of clients for micro-finance products and services and ultimately improve their access to these services and products.
- Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training: Focuses on supporting the enhancement of employability and entrepreneurial potentials or the young school dropouts, giving them opportunity to either be employed or to start their own businesses using dual-customer approach: skills development and entrepreneurship support.
- Livelihoods and Women Empowerment
- Livelihood opportunities for self-reliance among IDPs, Returnees and Host Communities promoted.
- Peace, Justice and Reconciliation (PJR) Centres established and operatioanlised and used as legal and economic empowerment hubs.
- Micro-Finance and Business Development Services
- Diversifies Micro-finance financial and non-financial Services are developed and provided on sustainable basis through/for MFIs, agents, Community vased organisations, unions and self-employement groups and clients.
- Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training
- Employbility and entrepreneurial skills development for young school dropouts and out school are developed.
- Youth sustainable employment opportunities enhanced through Business Development Services centre.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Implementation of Livelihood and Economic Empowerment.