Deadline: 30 March 2017
Applications are open for USEF-Nepal’s Opportunity Funds Program 2018. The Program is an initiative by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs to make U.S. higher education more accessible to non-elite international students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
USEF-Nepal’s EducationUSA Advising Center, the only EducationUSA Advising Center in Nepal and the only official source in Nepal for information and advice on U.S. higher education, will administer the Opportunity Funds Program in Nepal.
Through this program, EducationUSA is committed to helping non-elite international students from disadvantaged backgrounds to have the best possible chance to experience higher education in the United States.
Students selected for the Opportunity Funds Program will be supported for the following expenses incurred while applying to U.S. colleges or universities:
- TOEFL and SAT/ ACT registration fees.
- College and university application fees.
- Postage/courier fees for dispatching college and university applications.
- S. student visa fees and SEVIS fees.
- Travel to a testing center or U.S. Embassy (for students from outside the Kathmandu Valley).
- The Opportunity Funds Program supports students applying to enroll in the undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- The program does NOT support transfer students or students applying at the graduate (i.e. Master’s or Ph.D.) level.
- Eligible students should be applying to enroll at a U.S. institution in the Fall 2018 semester.
- Opportunity Funds Program applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Outstanding academic records.
- 80% or higher on SLC in Nepal.
- Completed Class 11 (or first year of A-Levels, or equivalent) and currently enrolled in Class 12 (or final year of A-Levels, or equivalent) with scheduled completion by summer 2017; or completed Class 12 (or equivalent).
- Applying for the undergraduate degree for Fall semester of 2018 at an accredited college or university in the United States.
How to Apply
Students who meet the criteria should complete the Program Application Form 2018 given on the website.
Eligible Country: Nepal
For more information, please visit USEF-Nepal.