Deadline 25 June 2017
Applications are currently open for OpenIDEO Education in Emergencies Challenge, A MIKTA initiative delivered with Australian Aid, inviting individuals and organizations of diverse expertise and perspectives, those who work in the education in emergencies sector, those who have lived through emergency situations themselves, and those innovators and entrepreneurs who are passionate about bringing their expertise and ingenuity to this issue.
Innovations are sought to address one or more of the following areas:
- Improving delivery of and access to education through technology
- Increasing participating in education by enabling children and youth to feel safe
- Enhancing the quality and relevance of educational content and delivery
- Enabling local communities to support education delivery, access, and sustainability
Top Ideas will receive a share of about US$ 1.5 million from the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and support to seed and scale their innovations. They will have access to expertise to help them develop and implement their ideas, through a human-centered design lens, reinventing the way to provide education in emergencies.
- Are in the ‘mid spectrum’ in terms of stage of development – more than just an idea but less than ready to scale. For example, concepts that are backed by some analysis, evidence and theory of change; a prototype ready to be tested; or a pilot ready to be implemented as a full project are all at the stage of innovation we are seeking.
- Are related to core competencies and operational history of Individual, organization or consortia
- Clearly articulate an answer to the challenge question: How might educational outcomes be improved for children and youth—particularly girls—in emergency situations?
- Could be implemented in one or more of the following emergency situations: sudden onset disaster, protracted crisis, conflict or complex emergencies. For example, emergency situations could include, but are not limited to- natural disaster, armed conflict, prolonged displacement, extreme drought.
- Would not impose any unnecessary risk on intended beneficiaries or community at-large.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit OpenIDEO Education in Emergencies Challenge.