Deadline: 28 October 2016
The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) in UK and the Department for International Development (DFID) are currently accepting applications for a Programme Research Lead for the Raising Learning Outcomes in Education Systems Research Programme (RLO).
The Programme Research Lead is being appointed by the funders to deliver three programme-level aims:
- Support and provide evidence of the scientific, conceptual and methodological contributions of the programme.
- Maximise scientific quality and best practice between RLO grants across calls and around cross-cutting themes.
- Implement and strengthen cohort-building opportunities and activities within the RLO programme.
The maximum overall budget available for the post is £300,000 at 100 per cent fEC for UK and non- UK based applicants.
- There are no geographic restrictions on who can apply for this role. However, lead applicants must be employed by a credible research organisation (higher education institution or independent research organisation) which either holds or has demonstrable capacity to gain RCUK recognition.
- Most non-UK institutions and some UK organisations will not currently be recognised to hold UK Research Council grants. Institutions which are not recognised to hold UK Research Council grants will have to obtain Research Council recognition before any funding can be confirmed. Funding cannot commence until full RCUK eligibility has been granted following this process, which can take several months. In order to minimize administrative burdens and costs to both applicants and ESRC staff, formal recognition will only be pursued if the applicant is successful.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit ESRC-DFID Raising Learning.