Deadline: 16 September 2016
The European Commission is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for its Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme (REC Programme) for the period 2014 to 2020 with an aim to promote and protect the rights of persons with disabilities.
- supporting the implementation of the priorities of the European Disability Strategy 2010-2020, including in the context of its mid-term review
- contributing to the implementation of the UNCRPD and promoting the involvement of the national member organisations in the implementation
- supporting and contributing to implement the UN Concluding Observations on the report on the implementation of the UNCRPD by the EU
- supporting the achievement of the Europe 2020 strategy targets on employment, poverty and education
- supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of EU and national policies and legislation in the area of disability
- contributing to mainstreaming different aspects of disability matters in the EU and national policies, particularly in the areas of employment, education, social inclusion, social protection, health, human rights, international cooperation and development to make sure that the rights and needs of persons with disabilities are properly addressed
- contributing to improving accessibility to goods and services, including by supporting the work on the European Accessibility Act and other EU legislation
- Contributing to the development of specific policies relevant to disabilities in the area of independent living, in particular as regards the transition from institutional to community-based care
- Education and Training
- Social protection
- External Action
- The total budget earmarked for the EU co-financing of projects under this call is estimated at 3,000,000.00€.
- The Commission expects to fund 8 proposals.
- To be eligible, applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Proposals can only be submitted by organisations having signed a Framework Partnership
- Agreement with the European Commission following the 2014 Call for Proposals establishing three-year Framework Partnership Agreements for the period 2015-2017.
- Only proposals which comply with the requirements of the above eligibility criterion will be considered for further evaluation.
- To be eligible, actions must be fully carried out in eligible participating REC countries:
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK, Iceland, Liechtenstein
For more information, please visit REC Programme.