Deadline: 13 September 2019
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has launched a grant project competition “Support for Development Cooperation and Development (Global) Education Projects Funded by the European Commission and Other International Aid Donors in the Recipient Countries Defined by the Republic of Latvia and in the Republic of Latvia”.
The co-financing grant competition will prioritize development cooperation projects. With respect to these projects, a recipient country may be any partner country; however, priority in the assessment procedure will be given to projects implemented in the European Union’s Eastern Partnership countries (especially Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine) as well as Central Asian countries (especially Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan). The development (global) education projects shall take place in the Republic of Latvia.
The aim of the competition is to provide co-financing to civil society organizations (non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and social partners) who have received funding from other donors of development cooperation, incl. European Commission, Development Cooperation and global education projects.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Priority support will be given to development cooperation projects in partner countries support.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The total funding available for the Latvian state budget within the framework of the competition is EUR 25 800 (twenty-five thousand eight hundred Euros).
Project Implementation Period
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The amount of co-financing shall be extended to 2019 and calculated from 2019 expenditure foreseen within the calendar year.
- Project activities in 2019 are co-financed from the state budget of Latvia.
- The project activities must be completed by 13 December 2019.
- The report on the implementation of the project must be submitted by 20 December 2019.
- Civil society organizations registered in the Republic of Latvia – associations, foundations, social partners etc. – are welcome to apply for participation in the competition.
- Pursuant to Article 9 (6) of the International Assistance Act and Development Cooperation Policy Plan for 2019 (approved by Cabinet Order of 3 April 2019) No. 153) the project application can be submitted and the grant can be received in the Republic of Latvia registered civil society organizations (non – governmental organizations (NGOs) and social partners).
- No other person is eligible for a grant.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For information on application process, please write an e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2MexOtR
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.