Deadline: 9 January 2017
The Foundation Schüler Helfen Leben (SHL) is inviting applicants from eligible organisations for support of educational youth project activities in order to strengthen civil society, with a strong focus on socially, economically and politically minoritized and endangered groups.
SHL will pay exclusive attention to projects that approach challenges in the context of migration and immigration of youth –may it either be young refugees, IDPs, returnees, asylum seekers or transit migrants.
- The participation and integration of young migrants and refugees in their local community/public life.
- Addressing critical living conditions, such as poverty and lack of perspectives of the above mentioned target groups.
- Projects that enable political participation and raise awareness for the situation of the target groups thus strengthening civil society.
- The financial support for any individual intervention would normally be in the range of EUR 100,000 to 150,000.
- SHL funding is possible up to a maximum of 3 years.
SHL partners with local non-governmental organisations that:
- have participatory and decision-making youth structures in their organizational statute and in daily practice
- implement projects conducted by youth
- have a proven track record in the proposed activities
- have a clear plan focusing on developing and/or diversifying their activities
- have the technical, managerial and financial capacity to effectively and efficiently implement its activities
- share SHL‘s values, including vision, mission, internationally recognized principles concerning human rights, labour and child protection policies
- can use SHL funding to extend their core activities in ways that create additional opportunities for children and youth
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia.
For more information, please visit SHL Call for Proposals.