Deadline: 17 June 2020
Do you have innovative ideas? Would you like to be part of this exciting opportunity of improving the quality of primary school education in Sierra Leone? Then, ‘Sierra Leone Education Innovation Challenge‘ is for you!
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The aim is to improve the learning outcomes for more than 250,000 children in over 500 schools in every district in the country. Children will be given interventions to improve their reading, writing, critical thinking, maths and computational skills. They are looking for engaged partners who want to bring innovation to the education system.
The Education Outcomes Fund for Africa and the Middle East (EOF) is an initiative of the Global Steering Group for Impact Investment (GSG) and the Education Commission. Our team brings together world leaders in education, impact investing, and innovative finance.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Together with government, they fund innovative education and youth employment readiness programs, and help improve their effectiveness. Rather than the traditional model of paying for programs up front – based on the number of students reached or learning materials purchased – they incentivize success by paying for the learning and employment results those programs deliver, once they’re achieved.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The new three-year program, Sierra Leone Education Innovation Challenge (SLEIC), is scheduled to begin in September 2020. The government will identify schools in need of additional support, set the target outcomes and implement innovative interventions in partnership with non-state providers. It will not prescribe how to improve learning outcomes.
In light of Covid-19 and school closures, greater focus will be given to distance learning and ed-tech interventions to keep children learning through the crisis.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- SET LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- They work with governments to set learning objectives and determine how results will be measured.
- They incentivize a broad set of crucial skills essential for young people to succeed in the 21st Century.
- SELECT & SUPPORT EDUCATION INNOVATORS
- Together with government, they partner with education organizations to achieve the agreed learning outcomes and strengthen education systems.
- They help mobilize upfront funding from impact investors to help the organizations deliver.
- Throughout, they support the organizations to use data, strengthen their capabilities, and adapt their approach, based on what works.
- PAY FOR RESULTS
- From a pool of public funds, aid, philanthropy, and corporate CSR contributions, they repay investors and delivering organizations their initial investment plus a return if the learning objectives are reached.
- By making payments based on independently verified learning and employment results, they ensure that resources only go to programs that work.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Sierra Leone’s Ministry of Basic and Senior Secondary Education (MBSSE) and the Directorate of Science, Technology and Innovation (DSTI), in partnership with the Education Outcomes Fund (EOF), are seeking education providers and investors to help scale-up innovation to the education system.
For more information, visit https://www.educationoutcomesfund.org/sierra-leone-eoi