Deadline: 3 April 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Bucharest is currently inviting non-profit non-governmental Romanian organizations and institutions with activity and experience in the field of education to apply for a Grant to Organize the J.F. Kennedy Civic Education, Engagement, and Leadership Camp for Youth.
The J. F. Kennedy Civic Education, Engagement, and Leadership Camp for Youth should be designed to be an educational program that will combine intensive English with learning about democratic values and participatory citizenship through activities such as training sessions, workshops, debates, discussions, community service, and cultural events. The civic education camp should include meetings with political representatives, such as elected officials.
- The audience will be composed of 25 young people, aged 16 to 18, from all over Romania; the selection will be conducted by the grant winning organization, in close cooperation with the Embassy.
- Organizations wishing to apply for a grant to organize the J.F. Kennedy Civic Education, Engagement, and Leadership Camp for Youth should design their proposals paying attention to the following:
- The applicant organization should propose relevant activities of various types, as listed above, pertaining to the theme of the camp; these should be described in the proposal, with a focus on how they help achieve the camp goals and the language to be used; please remember that activities should include a U.S.-related component and use of English whenever possible;
- The applicant should indicate the resources to be used for the proposed activities, including partner organizations the applicant wishes to involve in conducting them
- The applicant organization should plan on transportation, accommodation, meals and incidentals with attention to all health and safety requirements as well as to cost efficiency, legal and administrative requirements for minors’ participation in educational camps, as well as adult supervision;
- Cost sharing is acceptable but not required for the success of the application; the in-kind contribution of the applicant organization is welcome and may include: provision of space, or securing a venue on a partner organization’s premises, for the camp activities; provision of equipment; obtaining a discounted price for accommodation, room rental, etc, from the prospective provider, to be used if the grant is awarded to the applicant; if such commitments are received from partner organizations or service providers, applicants should submit letters that verify them;
- The applicant organization should provide details on their experience organizing such events, and indicate possible challenges and how they would address them.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Romania
For more information, please visit Call for Applications.