Deadline: 31 March 2018
Did you study or participate in a U.S. government-sponsored educational or professional exchange program? Do you have a project you would like to undertake that would benefit your community, strengthen the relationship between American and Kazakh citizens, or increase knowledge of one community about the other? If yes, then apply for the Alumni Grants Program.
The U.S Embassy in Kazakhstan has announced the Alumni Small Grants Program to support innovative, small-scale projects developed and implemented by Kazakhstan citizens who are alumni of a U.S. government or U.S. Embassy education or exchange program.
Priority consideration will be given to proposals who:
- Work with an American Corner/Shelf to implement the grant;
- Support English language teaching and usage in Kazakhstan;
- Promote volunteerism/mentorship/alumni networking with the support and participation of exchange program alumni;
- Cooperate with alumni from different regions to implement the grant;
- Share with a wider community the knowledge or skills gained in the exchange program or training.
Grant proposals must:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Demonstrate how participating alumni will use their exchange experience to address a challenge/issue in Kazakhstan;
- Include a project timeline that takes place within one year;
- Include a budget that is no more than $3,000 for individuals, $6,000 for alumni joint projects
- Specify how the project will be evaluated by project participants
Evaluation of project proposals, budgets, and budget justifications based on:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Importance of the project to U.S. Mission goals
- Feasibility of implementation
- Degree of alumni involvement/alumni networking
- Timeliness/relevance of activities
- Impact of the project on the defined project beneficiaries
- Reasonable budget request and budget justification
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more Information, please Alumni Grants.