Deadline: 1 March 2017
The Embassy of the United States of America in Kosovo is seeking applications for its University Support Grants Program 2017. U.S. Embassy Pristina’s Public Affairs Section will award a series of small grants to enhance curriculum development, research resources, and the professional expertise of faculty members from Kosovo’s institutions of higher education.
Grants will help institutions of higher education establish linkages with U.S. institutions in order to encourage development of program planning and curriculum revisions. Additionally, resources will be devoted to library collections and other research tools. The University Support Program grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
- Improving resources, including resources in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), and obtaining more teaching materials
- Organizing seminars/workshops on writing, public speaking, and critical thinking
- Organizing study visits for U.S. experts to Kosovo, and in limited circumstances visits to U.S. educational institutions
- Establishing cooperation with universities in the region, sharing best practices, enhancing engagement of younger teachers within department and creating an opportunity for them to network with colleagues from the region
- Other activities that promote the development and advancement of the higher education sector in Kosovo
The maximum grant amount is USD 25,000
- The project proposal demonstrates that the organization/institution has sufficient expertise, skills and human resources to implement the project.
- The organization demonstrates that it has a clear understanding of the underlying issue that the project is aiming to address and is able to articulate it without using excessive generalizations.
- The organization has consulted relevant resources, experts and potential partner organizations during the project’s design phase.
- The organization has identified appropriate beneficiaries or target groups in a way that maximizes project outputs and outcomes and the project has a clear focus and manageable scope.
- The project idea and approach is innovative, yet proposed project activities are concrete and detailed and supported by a reasonable work plan.
- The project’s budget is well-organized, detailed and reasonable, and demonstrates that the organization has devoted time to plan for and assess actual expenses associated with the project instead of providing rough estimates. Please note that budget lines labeled “miscellaneous expenses,” as well as for entertainment and alcoholic beverage expenses are not allowable line items for this funding.
- The organization has clearly articulated how it will assess and measure its own performance throughout the project implementation phase using concrete quantitative and qualitative assessment tools.
- The project proposal describes clearly the approach that will be used to ensure maximum sustainability of the project’s results after its completion.
- The organization/project proposal shows successful past performance, to include U.S. Government-funded grants or grants from other donors.
How to Apply
An electronic version of the application should be e-mailed at the address given on the website.
Note: U.S. organizations and individuals are not eligible for grants under this program.
Eligible Country: Kosovo
For more information, please visit University Support Grants Program 2017.