Deadline: 10 April 2017
The United States Agency for International Development mission in Macedonia (USAID/Macedonia) is seeking applications from qualified organizations for its “Inclusive Education for Learners with Disabilities” to support a program that is focused on getting children and youth with disabilities into formal, public education settings at the primary and secondary grade levels, helping them to stay in school, and supporting their learning with an emphasis on achieving better learning outcomes.
The funding will prioritize a program aimed at including students with a diverse array of disabilities (intellectual, psychosocial, developmental, sensorial, physical) in the mainstream education system. The funding may also consider supporting a program that targets better learning outcomes for specific cohorts of students in public or private educational settings and/or a specific aspect of learning such as early grade reading.
- USAID intends to provide $3-4 million in total USAID funding over a three-year period.
- The ceiling for this program is $4 million. Actual funding amounts are subject to availability of funds.
- The estimated start date will be upon the signature of the award, on or about September 30, 2017.
- U.S. and non-US non-governmental organizations may participate under this RFA.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Applications for renewal or supplementation of existing projects are eligible to compete with applications for new Federal awards.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations.
- The successful applicant(s) will be subject to a responsibility determination assessment by the Agreement Officer (AO).
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity. The AO may determine a pre-award survey is required, which involves conducting an examination that will determine whether the prospective recipient has the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills – or ability to obtain them – in order to achieve the objectives of the program and comply with the terms and conditions of the award.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.