Deadline: 11 August 2017
The Whole of Syria (WoS) is seeking proposals for its program entitled “Strengthening the education system inside Syria towards sustainable delivery of equitable, quality and protective education services for all children”, which has been approved for funding from Education Cannot Wait (ECW), a first global fund to prioritize education in humanitarian action.
The programme management and decision making over grant funds and programme direction will be jointly undertaken by the WoS Education Coordinators (UNICEF and Save the Children International).
The purpose of the Call for Expression of Interest is to identify eligible CSOs or a consortium of them for prospective partnership at the WoS level with UNICEF. Eligible CSOs are invited to submit proposals for partnership to support achievement of results for children outlined in the 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) for Syria.
The proposed ECW Programme aims to achieve three outcomes:
- Strengthened capacity of the education system to deliver a timely, coordinated and evidence-based education response
- Improved access for girls/boys to equitable education and learning opportunities
- Improved quality and relevance of formal and non-formal education within a protective environment
Proposals must be broken into two phases with the following timeframes:
- October 2017- March 2018 (with budget proposed and capped at USD 350,000)
- April 2018- March 2019 (with budget proposed and capped at USD 650,000)
- be registered in country of origin
- be registered in Turkey and/or Jordan if applicable (please visit the given website)
- not be an entity named on any of the UN Security Council targeted sanction lists;
- be registered with the hub and be an active member of the Education Sector/Cluster at hub level
- be on the UN OCHA’s CSO platform (if applicable)
- present a letter from relevant local authorities that states that the organization has permission to carry out the proposed project in the proposed areas. If the original letter is in a language other than English, an English translation must be provided along with the original letter.
- have submitted to the respective Hub, their 4Ws for each month that they were an educationcluster/sector member in 2017.
How to Apply
All the documents must be submitted via given website.
For more information, please visit Whole of Syria.