Deadline: 15 September 2017
The U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City Public Affairs Section (PAS) has announced a funding opportunity for project that develops and implements a six-day workshop (inclusive of arrival and departure days) in Can Tho City on protecting the Mekong Delta environment for the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI).
The 2018 YSEALI Regional Workshop: Protecting the Mekong Delta Environment will bring together at least 80 YSEALI members from across ASEAN countries who have environmental backgrounds and leadership potential. The workshop will enable participants to study and observe the latest consequences of changes in the environment in the Mekong Delta, such as landslides, salinization, river flooding, sea level rising, degradation of water resources and silt and effects of building hydroelectric plants, which all have direct effects on people’s income and life, as well as economic development of the region.
Proposal must focus on those areas:
- Basic understanding on the environment in the Mekong Delta
- The latest consequences of changes in the environment in the Mekong Delta
- Role of ASEAN youth and what they can do to help solve the problems
- Building international connections to address cross-border/shared problems
- Corporate social responsibility
- Soft skills training such as: working with U.S. businesses, customer service, business relations
- Cultural event (i.e. Event will be each ASEAN country’s participants)
YSEALI Regional Workshop should include these below activities:
- Panel discussions
- Speaker and student presentations
- Simulation of ASEAN summit with concrete scenario
- Case studies, site visits and group projects
Award Amount: Award amount is capped at $250,000
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and foreign entities with relevant programming experience and strong linkages with a Vietnam-based partner.
- These should be documented in the proposal. Eligible entities include:
- For-profit entities are not eligible to apply. Previous federal award recipients who are not/were not in compliance with the terms of their financial and program reporting requirements are ineligible to apply.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit proposals via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.