Deadline: 27 April 2017
The Kurita Water and Environmental Foundation (KWEF) is currently accepting applications for its Research Grant Program with an aim to support scientists in Asian countries who are conducting research in their own countries on the conservation and restoration of water resources, which are defined as oceans, surface water and underground water as well as the areas of land adjacent to them.
- Research subjects related to water environment in the applicant’s country can be applied.
- Examples of appropriate research subjects are: water / wastewater treatment, water quality analysis, sustainability of water environment sanitation, water ecosystem, agricultural water use, industrial wastewater treatment.
The maximum amount of 300,000 yen per project per year.
The grant period will be one year, from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018.
- The applicant must reside in Asian countries (except Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam).
- The applicant must conduct research at university, college, or associated institute.
- The applicant should be under 40years old.
- The applicant must submit a recommendation .letter of “Japanese researcher”.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form in English or Japanese through the given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan, Yemen.
For more information, please visit KWEF Research Grant Program.