Deadline: 31 January 2018
The Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) has launched a new grant programme “NEF Commemorative Grant Fund for Capacity Building of Young Scientists (CGF)” with an aim to promote capacity building of young scientists.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The CGF Programme is directed towards helping young scientists in this region grow up as world-class scientists in the areas of, or related to, conservation of wildlife and ecosystem in their own country or in the Asia-Pacific region. In this programme, research projects with high priority include fieldwork-based studies which are scientifically outstanding and socioculturally sound. Each project should be implemented by a project scientist (PS) from Asia-Pacific developing countries, with adequate support of, and collaboration with, a project coordinator (PC), who has excellent scientific achievements and intends to take responsibilities for the research project.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The maximum grant size is 1,500,000 Japanese yen per project, while additional budget for the PC is available for his/her expenses of travel to the study site of the PS.
- The total annual budget for the CGF Programme amounts to 20,000,000 Japanese yen.
Eligible Research Fields
The research project is expected to contributing to nature conservation of the country where the PS lives, or currently works or studies, focusing on living organisms, especially wildlife and ecosystem, from such standpoints/foci as follows:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- biology, especially ecology, taxonomy, and distribution and current status of wildlife,
- biodiversity (i.e., species diversity, genetic diversity, and ecosystem diversity),
- threatened species, alien species, and restoration of ecosystem, and/or
- relationships between nature and humans (e.g., ecosystem services and sustainable use of biological resources).
The Project Scientist (PS) must:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- be a national of one of the below-mentioned countries, less than 40 years old,
- be a researcher, who works or studies full-time in a university or research institution in one of the below-mentioned countries, under any of the following three situations:
- having a PhD or Doctor’s degree,
- being/to be enrolled in a doctor (PhD) course of the university/research institution, or
- having at least 3 years of research work experience and sound record of scholarly publications,
- be not a recipient of on-going research or publication project of the NEF nor an applicant of any other grant of the NEF, at the time of application.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federal of), Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
For more information, please visit NEF Commemorative Grant Fund.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.